BlogContact Us Today!
The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now
Friday, 1 December 2017 at 09:01
Hello! Here's what's happening on Friday.
1. Trump said China's diplomatic efforts with North Korea have had "no impact on Little Rocket Man." China recently dispatched its highest-level envoy to North Korea to pressure Pyongyang to cease its nuclear weapons program.
2. Meanwhile, the US and China quietly held military talks amid North Korea tensions. The unusual set of security talks focused on how US and Chinese militaries might communicate in a crisis.
3. The US state of Delaware was hit with a 4.4 magnitude earthquake. Tremors were felt in New York and Washington D.C., but no injuries were reported.
4. Plans for Donald Trump to visit the UK in January 2018 have reportedly been dropped. The news comes after Trump retweeted anti-Muslim videos on Twitter originally posted by a far-right British leader.
5. Saudi Arabia has shot down the second Yemeni missile this month. Saudi allies have launched thousands of air strikes against Yemen's militant Houthis, contributing to a crisis which has killed 10,000 people.
. Manafort has been caught up in the ongoing Russia investigation, and was
7. Germany withdrew a diplomat from its embassy in North Korea. Germany, one of seven European countries with embassies in North Korea, has heeded calls made by the US for countries to scale back ties with North Korea.
8. Niger approved armed US drones to target militants. In October, an ambush in Niger killed four U.S. soldiers.
9. Bitcoin is being "monitored" by the White House. The press secretary made the statement when asked whether the US government would regulate cryptocurrencies.
10. A UK group is suing Google for bypassing iPhone privacy settings. Google reportedly harvested data from 5.4 million UK users in order to deliver targeted ads.