BlogContact Us Today!
What Is A Last Mile Delivery Service?
Thursday, 20 May 2021 at 16:25
What Is A Last Mile Delivery Service?
LAST MILE DELIVERY SERVICE: BASICALLY, CUSTOMERS WANT AS MANY OPTIONS AS POSSIBLE.
This definitely applies to last mile delivery services.
Your valued customers demand different delivery service levels even if it’s for the same product.
Disorganised last mile delivery options along with customers’ high expectations can lead to bad delivery experiences that could give your customers cause to leave you negative online reviews which will harm your business.
Options! It’s all about options. Delivery options mean your customer is in control, this, in turn, makes them happy, loyal shoppers. Choice elevates your brand above others. This is why it’s critical to offer numerous service levels for last mile delivery
LAST MILE DELIVERY OPTIONS EXPLAINED
- CURBSIDE DELIVERY SERVICE - Delivery of your goods to the nearest dry area outside of the customer's address.
- HOME DELIVERY SERVICE - Delivery of your product over the threshold to the closest point to the entrance of the delivery location.
- CHOSEN ROOM DELIVERY – Delivery of the customer’s product inside the delivery location and placing it in the customer's room of choice. You will need to check if this is the ground floor only or if the delivery company will carry the item to a room upstairs.
- WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE - Room of choice home delivery, including unpacking, set-up or assembly and packaging removal.
- PREMIUM WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE - White glove, including product prep and blanket wrapping for furniture.
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY IS DEFINITELY ON THE RISE
HOME DELIVERY SERVICE - HOW IS THE CUSTOMER DELIVERY EXPERIENCE?
It’s not surprising really that customer loyalty is all about the home delivery experience they receive. If your customer gets a delivery experience that is not up to scratch, the chances are that they won’t buy from you again So ask yourself these questions upfront:
- Is the delivery service and the options you’re offering your customers adequate?
- Do your customers consistently receive the delivery experience you promised.
- Every last mile delivery experience you provide should be nothing short of exceptional on every level.
LAST MILE DELIVERY OPTIONS & A FIS=RST CLASS DELIVERY EXPERIENCE GIVES YOU A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
There are more ways to gain an advantage over your competitors in last mile home delivery.
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO GROW ITS DELIVERY SERVICE OPTIONS?
Delivery options sound great, and no one will disagree that options and service represent the cornerstones of business performance and growth
AVOID HAVING TOO MANY LAST MILE DELIVERY COMPANIES ON THE PAYROLL
You might be tempted to limp through your delivery requirements by using several different delivery companies - each with a unique specialty. The problems come in when you realise you are:
- Juggling different methods & operational processes that harm the customer experience
- Managing multiple contracts or account teams
- Investing in multiple and costly systems integrations
HOME DELIVERY: A COURIER SERVICE THAT CAN DELIVER IT ALL
Have you considered partnering with an experienced last mile courier service that can provide a solution for all your delivery requirements?
- Good customer experiences, leading to customer loyalty, positive customer reviews, & rising sales.
- The versatility to offer a range of delivery services. Remember, a customer who buys a dining room table & chairs may simply need the goods brought into the home, while a customer who purchases a new bedroom set may need delivery upstairs, to the bedroom and assemble and set-up. If you can't satisfy the growing demand for a white glove delivery service, your product line may be limited.
- The ability to offer customers a choice. Remember, everything begins with the customers' expectations. You're simply staying ahead of your competitors.
- A foundation for growth. Even if you don't immediately tap into the full range of options your last-mile courier company can offer, now you have the ability to respond to market changes, offering additional service levels if you choose to. You don't have to worry about finding additional delivery providers just because you need to provide a white glove delivery service.
- Savings in time and money. Look to your last mile delivery partner to apply technologies.
WHAT'S YOUR LAST MILE DELIVERY SOLUTION?
If your customers aren't currently over the moon with the delivery service you’re providing for them, perhaps now is the time to call Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers Ltd. to get the 5-star service your business deserves.