BlogContact Us Today!
What Is A Last Mile Delivery Service?
Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 16:40
What Is A Last Mile Delivery Service?
LAST MILE DELIVERY SERVICE: BASICALLY, CUSTOMERS WANT OPTIONS AND LOTS OF THEM.
This idea definitely applies to last mile delivery services. To be a success, you may as well throw any one-size-fits-all delivery in the rubbish bin and consider this:
Different customers may want different delivery service levels even if it’s for the same product.
Disorganised last mile delivery options with customers’ high expectations can lead to negative delivery experiences that give your customers reason to leave you online reviews which are very harmful to your business.
It’s all about options. Delivery options put your customers in control, this in turn makes them happy, loyal shoppers. Choice elevates your brand above others. This is why it’s critical to offer multiple service levels for last mile delivery.
LAST MILE DELIVERY OPTIONS EXPLAINED
- CURBSIDE DELIVERY - Delivery of your product to the first dry area outside of the customer's address.
- HOME DELIVERY - Delivery of your product over the threshold to the closest point to the entrance of the delivery location.
- CHOSEN ROOM DELIVERY - Delivering the product inside the delivery location and placing it in the customer's room of choice. You will need to check if this is ground floor only or if the delivery company will drop the item in a room upstairs.
- WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE - Room of choice home delivery, including unpacking, set-up or assembly and packaging removal.
- PREMIUM WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY SERVICE - White glove, including product prep and blanket wrapping for furniture.
WHITE GLOVE DELIVERY IS DEFINITELY ON THE RISE
Customers who require a white glove delivery service for heavy and large items they’ve bought is on the rise. It’s the ultimate ‘home delivery experience’.
HOME DELIVERY SERVICE - HOW IS THE CUSTOMER DELIVERY EXPERIENCE?
No surprise—customer loyalty is all about the home delivery experience. If your customer receives an awful delivery experience they will not purchase from you again So ask yourself these questions upfront:
- Are you currently offering adequate delivery service options to your customers?
- Do your customers consistently receive the delivery experience you promised, across every service level?
- Every last mile delivery experience you provide should be nothing short of exceptional on every level.
LAST MILE DELIVERY OPTIONS & EXCEPTIONAL DELIVERY EXPERIENCES MEANS YOU HAVE A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
There are more ways to gain an advantage over your competitors in last mile home delivery.
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR BUSINESS TO EXPAND ITS DELIVERY SERVICE OPTIONS?
Delivery options sound great, and no one will argue that options and service represent the cornerstones of business performance and growth
AVOID HAVING TOO MANY LAST MILE DELIVERY COMPANIES ON THE PAYROLL
You might be tempted to limp through your delivery requirements by using several different delivery companies - each with a unique specialty. The problems come in when you reailse you are:
- Juggling different methods & operational processes that harm the customer experience
- Managing multiple contracts or account teams
- Investing in multiple and costly systems integrations
HOME DELIVERY: A COURIER COMPANY WHO CAN DELIVER IT ALL
Have you considered partnering with an experienced last mile delivery provider who can offer a solution for all your delivery requirements?
- Consistently excellent customer experiences, leading to customer loyalty, positive customer reviews, and rising sales.
- The versatility to offer a range of services. Remember, a customer who buys a dining room table & chairs may simply need the goods brought into the home, while a customer who purchases a new bedroom set may need delivery upstairs, to the bedroom and assemble and set-up. If you can't satisfy the growing demand for a white glove delivery service, your product line may be limited.
- The ability to offer customers a choice. Remember, everything begins with the customers' expectations. You're simply staying ahead of your competitors.
- A foundation for growth. Even if you don't immediately tap into the full range of options your last mile delivery company can offer, now you have the ability to respond to market changes, offering additional service levels if you choose to. You don't have to worry about finding additional delivery providers just because you need to provide a white glove delivery service.
- Savings in time and money. Look to your last mile delivery partner to apply technologies
WHAT'S YOUR LAST MILE DELIVERY SOLUTION?
If your customers aren't giving you high-fives on every delivery, perhaps now is the time to call Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers Ltd. to get the service your business deserves.