BlogContact Us Today!
Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers COVID19 Delivery Driver Protocol
Thursday, 6 August 2020 at 08:37
CORONAVIRUS is having a huge worldwide effect on everybody from both small and large businesses, our personal lives, and national economies.
These very strange, serious and life-threatening circumstances we find ourselves in mean we have to respond in the correct manner. Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers priority is the health and safety of its employees, including office staff, our drivers, and also our customers. However, we still need to make sure that the delivery of our client’s goods continue to be made, whilst not compromising the extremely high standards we set ourselves.
There is still a huge amount of uncertainty regarding COVID-19, but one thing we know for sure is that practicing good hygiene can help us all control the spread of this virus. As our drivers are the ones who are on the front line, so to speak, we have ensured that they have been fully equipped with the correct protective items. This includes face masks, gloves, antibacterial hand sanitiser. Also, we have supplied them with disinfectant sprays and wipes to clean the cab of their vehicles at the end of each day. It is so important that we ensure the people who keep our business going are kept safe, and that the collection and delivery of our customer's freight keeps happening, and we are highly committed to doing this.
We’re keeping a close eye on the ever-changing situation and reviewing things on a daily basis ensuring we adapt swiftly to any changes in the circumstances when required.
We are continuing to work to the maximum that is possible and doing our best to continue to do so.
Whatever your requirements, please feel to give us a call on 0161 436 3296 or get in touch with as at gregpaulsoncourier.co.uk/contact
Below is a copy of our COVID-19 Delivery Driver Protocol, which has been issued to each of our employees.
Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers COVID-19 Delivery Driver Protocol
This protocol provides recommended preventive measures for carrying out collections/deliveries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This protocol applies to all Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers Ltd. employees/drivers
Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers Ltd. will not be held responsible for the result of the implementation of the protocol and in no way guarantees the effectiveness of this protocol to prevent or reduce CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) infections among its employees.
1. Drivers will be requested to use proper COVID-19 related Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to the local health authority. This could include, but not limited to, face masks and gloves.
2. Drivers must maintain a clean and tidy cab and disinfect it after each day. This needs to include equipment such as the steering wheel, hand break, gear stick, and door handles.
After cleaning the cab, it is advisable to let it ventilate for ten minutes.
3. When in the process of loading or unloading goods, drivers must comply with proper physical distance, wearing face masks, washing or cleaning his/her hands with alcohol-based sanitizer before and after this activity.
4. Whenever possible, drivers must not pass anything between themselves and the recipient (e.g. paperwork, pens, personal identification/ID).
5. While driving, drivers must keep the window partly open for ventilation.
6. Only drivers are to enter the vehicle (cab & loading area), wearing COVID-PPE at all times.
7. Hand sanitiser must be frequently used by drivers while delivering.
8. Drivers are instructed to avoid any physical contact and they must keep a safe distance of two metres with third parties/clients while collecting and delivering.
9. Drivers are instructed to avoid allowing the recipients of goods to sign delivery notes. They must request a name and sign with their own pen, keeping paperwork on a clipboard.
Copyright © 2020 Greg Paulson Same Day Couriers Ltd. July, 2020