BlogContact Us Today!
Skills You Need To Become A Courier / Delivery Driver
Friday, 1 February 2019 at 10:28
Description of the role - Delivery Driver.
Couriers transport products that need an urgent delivery, usually on the same day. Among the items we regularly deliver are business or legal contracts, documents, Laptops, or fragile retail display to high street stores and Engineering machinery to oil refineries. There are also specific services to transport medical samples.
We deliver our customers consignments using various size vehicles - Small Vans / Large & Extra Large Sprinter Vans / 7.5 -tonne vehicles / 18-tonne vehicles and Artics (articulated lorry).
Couriers are required to carry out the tasks below on a daily basis.
- Planning delivery routes.
- Loading items carefully onto and out of the van.
- Examining goods before loading for quantity, damages or defects.
- Obtaining for the item upon delivery of the consignment.
- Good Maths and English skills.
- Being honest and reliable.
- Having a suitable level of fitness.
- Being punctual.
- Having competent customer service skills.
- Good Manners.
- A presentable appearance.
- Having good route and geography knowledge of the UK.
- Being proactive and self-motivated.
- Having excellent driving skills.
- Being able to follow strict instructions.
- Being organised and methodical.